HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

More Market Favorites!


Like everyone else, I have my favorite stops at market.  No surprise that my bestest, most favorite stops are to my best quilt designer friends booths.  Three guesses who's booth this is!  Haha. 

Yes, folks, it's Kansas Troubles Quilters by none other than my BFF, Lynne Hagmeier, accompanied by husband Robert.  I sat in a chair across from them, really meaning to chat, you see, however, my eyes couldn't help but ignore them to look around the booth at all of the quilts.  I think they'll forgive me....it was Quilt Market after all!!  The glorious quilt behind Lynne and Robert (and most around the booth) were made of Lynne's new yet-to-be-released fabric line called Harvest Moon.  Friends.....start saving your pennies because this collection is over-the-moon wonderful! 


Lynne's booth was jammed with new quilt patterns, Table Treats patterns, Stash Society goodies, and a sneak peek at some projects that will be in her new book coming out later this summer!  Love, love, love them!


I've been a huge fan of Kansas Troubles since the day I began piecing my first quilt.  Love those colors...they're everywhere in my home.  Notice something that just doesn't seem to belong?  Lynne used my new fabric, Heart of the Prairie, in her new Table Treats design called Spell It Out.  The pink one is made from some of my fabrics.  Did I worry you?  Nah...Lynne's not gonna go pink, that's for sure.  She just surprised me with that quilt.  I think the Spell It Out Table Treats are way cool and will be loads of fun to make for any special occasion or holiday!  Hey, Lynne....my birthday's coming up....hint, hint.  Teehee! 

Oh, and by the way, Lynne and I have been working closely with Bunny, our cruise and retreat planner, on our new 2013 Great Girlfriend Get-Aways!!  We've got two terrific destinations to offer you.  The news will be coming soon, so stay tuned!!


Next stop.....to the booth right next door to me.....and my dear, dear friend Tara Lynn Darr of Sew Unique Creations.  As you know from previous posts, Tara and I traveled to Kansas City together.  What a blast!  The fun lasted the entire week.  Well, enough about that....you wanna see her booth and quilts, don't ya! 


Tara out did herself, releasing 22 new patterns!  Oy, Vey!!  Tara, did you sleep?  Many of her new patterns featured wool applique, and are they stunning!  I told her she was born to create those quilts.  I wish I could draw appliques like this!! 


Did I lie?  Aren't they just awesome?


Isn't there something wonderful about the combination of the wool, the pieced blocks and borders, and then the addition of the quilting stitches.  The blending of textures is just glorious!

Well, Blogger is just taking forever.  It doesn't like it when I add so many pictures to one post, so I'll have to quit for now, but rest assured, I have lots and lots more photos of country, folk art, and primitive booths from my favorite designers. 
Next up will be the quilt that stopped me dead in my tracks!  Really!!

Thanks for visiting with me today!!

Pam

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing all this with us. The booths look great. I am sure you had a fun time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing market with us. One of my favorite, favorite designers is Lynne H. of Kansas Troubles, that is next to you. Beautiful quilts from Tara also. Look forward to the next post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what fun you girls must have had! I'm enjoying all the posts from market and I look forward to seeing the quilt that stopped you dead in your tracks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful booths! Your choices of booths are just the ones I would visit if I were there. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so "wah" that I didn't see you there, but you know what, I have a very similar set of pictures in my camera as you have posted here. I think yours may be better though. My friend Marilyn took a picture of Lynn and I sitting in that sweet glider and like you I couldn't keep my eyes or conversation on Lynn for long, the quilts were making me "swoony". I can't wait to see what stopped you and am curious if it is the same one as stopped me. Waiting for next post patiently.

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete