HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Friday, December 28, 2012

It's Snowing!


It's been 307 days since it last snowed in the Chicago area...and today we're getting a bit of the white stuff!  It's a beautiful, lazy snowfall with giant flakes....so pretty!  I've lived here my entire life and I've never known a winter without snowfall so late in the season.  This one will give us a measly 1 inch, but I'm glad to see it anyway.  I know many other parts of the country would love for us to have some of their snow, and you're probably sick of it already, but we're all hoping for a bit of measurable snow.  It's just part of the rhythm of the seasons and it seems odd not to have it.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Now that Christmas is over, we're enjoying a week of play and relaxation here.  It seems the week in between Christmas and the New Year is great for that.  We've been feasting from the leftovers, enjoying movies with our kids, and loving the easier pace of life.  You too?  What have you been enjoying this past week? 
 
In addition to all of that, I've been playing catch up with surfing Pinterest and reading blogs.  In case you enjoy Pinterest....you can now find me on Pinterest!  I'd love for you to look at my boards and follow me if you like what you see.  Slowly but surely, I'll be loading lots of Heartspun Quilts photos, with a lot of them taken in my home.  Pictures you usually don't see, but I thought Pinterest would be a good place to post them.
 
Many of the blogs I like to read allow me to "Follow by Email" which is a great way to keep up with them, and I thoroughly enjoyed Lisa Bongean's "12 Days of Chrismas" posts.  There were loads of good things to read about each day, but I have share her post from Day 8, where she told of the many virtues of sizing or starching your fabrics.  If you know me at all.....you know I've been preaching this for ten years now!  Many, many designers know the unbelievable benefits of sizing/starching your fabrics, and I was so jazzed to read Lisa's post.  Here's the link if you'd like to read it for yourself.  You can certainly go back from Day 1 and read them all...very enjoyable! 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
One week from today will be the first post of my next
 
Pocket Patchwork Sew~Along!!
 
If you're new to my blog, or would like a reminder of
what to expect, you can read all about it by clicking here.
 
Remember...the very best way to receive all of the sew~along
instructions is to get my posts via email.  To do this
simply enter your email address in the "Follow by Email"
icon, found on the right sidebar of my blog.
That way you can simply print the email and begin sewing!
 
In addition to the sew~along, be sure to visit me here in the next few weeks
for sneak peeks at my two upcoming fabric lines with Marcus Fabrics,
and travel along with Lynne and me to Camp Blanding near
Jacksonville, FL, hosted by the one and only
Gloria Parsons of Olde Green Cupboard! 
We'll be teaching a couple of classes and spending
the weekend with 200+ quilters.  Sounds like such fun, doesn't it?
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
 
Pam


No comments:

Post a Comment