HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Like a Little Competition?

Do you like a little competition?  How about one using Judie Rothermel fabrics?  Oh...yes....that picqued your interest, huh!! 



Well, my fellow Marcus Fabrics designer, Judie R is celebrating her 25th Anniversary with Marcus.  Judie was the very first designer to bring us 1930 and Civil War reproduction fabrics, and we've been loving them ever since. 

Did you know there is a fabric collection honoring Judie's 25th Anniversary?
Click here to see the entire line.
 


Contest Fabric Pack 8 x 8 sqaures of all the Anniversary prints!
 
In honor of this remarkable achievement, Marcus Fabrics is sponsoring a quilt competition
called......Just Judie
 
To be eligible, create an original quilt design using at least
ten prints from the Judie Rothermel 25th Anniversary Collection.
 
There's even a special contest packet of fabric (shown above) you can
purchase at your local quilt shop that contains an 8" x 8" square
of the entire Anniversary collection!
 
The contest runs from January through July 2013, so you have
plenty of time to buy the packet, and start designing and sewing!
 
Click here to get all of the competition rules and read about the prizes.
 
If I were able, I would participate myself! I've long been a Judie fan and have
been collecting her fabrics since I began quilting.  That would only be fourteen
of the last twenty five years.  I do have heartache over the collections I missed
the previous eleven years, and envy those who have them in their stash!!
I'm betting there's a whole lot of great prints I missed out on.
 
And there's always those favorite Judie prints in my stash that I love so much 
I hate to use them and wish I had bought more.  Ahhh well.....
I console myself with all of the lovely fabrics that are produced each year.
Yes, yes....we are very lucky to live at a time when beautiful cotton
prints are so plentiful!
 
Anyway....click on the links above to check out
Judie's 25th Anniversary collection,
the competition rules, and start planning your
quilt today! 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
On a side note.....I just wanted to share that big changes are about to
happen to the look of my blog.  I just wanted to mention it so you
wouldn't think you've landed in the wrong place.
It will still be me, I'm just giving the blog a make-over,
a face lift....something new for a new year!
 
Hope you're enjoying the merriment of the season.....
 
Pam
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pam:
    Just stopping in to say 'hello' and Merry Christmas. I can't wait to see your new look. ;-)
    I hope you have a happy Sunday.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great and amazing holidays.Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete