HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Friday, April 12, 2013

Heartspun Blog Make-over!

It's been months in the making...planning, trial, error, searching, wracking our brains, and with a lot of help from some very creative and talented ladies, I invite you to take a tour of my blog and its new look!  

I wanted the look of my blog to really reflect me...after all...it's my personal "web-log", right?  Meet Ada Blaney.  She's the Prairie Woman in the photo above.  She lived in Nebraska in the early to mid 1800's, and for me, is the epitome of a prairie woman.  So proud of her treadle machine, she chose to be photographed near her sod house on the open prairie.  The quilt pictured next to her is my Sweet Rosie quilt, one of my favorites, and apparently yours, too, as it continues to be a best seller.  I had to include a sampler, because they were so much a part of life back then, and they are my second passion in life.  The stork scissors and old button cards are images of life back then as well, and I love to collect vintage sewing needfuls.  For those of us who love to create Civil War reproduction quilts, the "pieces the past"  twill tape was very fitting, and then, of course...there's lots of RED....which you already know is my favorite color!

I stitched the red border twill tape, which was fun, and the bird sitting perched on top of the black darner is one of my favorite pieced of folk art.  All in all, it was a collaborative effort, and I owe a big Thank You to Brittany, Collin, Heather and Karen for all their hard work!

New to the blog is the navigation bar right under Ada's picture.  There, you'll find some new things, so I invite you to browse awhile...but....please do click on the Freebie Patterns tab where you'll find the pattern for this little cutie, called Sweetest Things.  



I had to make sure to include my tag line from the Prairie Women's Sewing Circle club.....journey the threads of time TM  in the blog banner because I live so much of my life researching and thinking about life in the 1800's, and so, I invite you to continue that journey with me through this blog and the PWSC club.  Without you, Dear Reader, I'd just be rambling on into cyberspace!  

22 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous, Pam!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like the new blog banner. I love vintage sewing implements as well. Just keep running out of display room! We just had our last group meeting for Prairie Women on Wednesday. I was sad to see it end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very nice! And easy to navigate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new look of your blog and banner. The vintage photo is very inspirational. Prairie women had a tough life, but I'm sure, having a sewing machine gave a bit of status to this family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new look for your blog!! It really does reflect you!! I too love the prairie women!!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice banner Pam! I am listening to the Little house series on audio book, while I hand piece, it is so relaxing and I feel a wonderful connection to those early pioneer women.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new blog look is so cozy. Makes me want to sit down with a cuppa and enjoy. Awesome job !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new look......well worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific job on redoing your blog. I love every little tiny bit of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice makeover Pam! I love your background and the little crow pin keep, also the twill with the stitching. Very sweet! I really am glad that you have a page for your sew=a-long projects too! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pam, WOW!!!! I love your new blog format. Everyone should get a big pat on the back and be so proud. You all did a wonderful job. I will defiantly enjoy visiting here. Thanks for the freebies!! I'm still waiting for June to arrive so we can meet again. Karen S.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful vintage look and feel for your blog -- love the image of the Nebraska woman -- we all feel as if we know her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice job, Pam. It feels very PWSC! Looking forward to more news about the retreats.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely new makeover, very nice. I love visiting your site, even more so now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the new website, Pam. Obviously you put a lot of thought into it - great job. I can't wait to make the new pattern, Sweetest Things. I do like the red, black and beige combination - may have to go with that. Thanks for sharing.

    Charlotte
    CA

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoyed checking out your new blog. Love the soft vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great new look with a very personal touch.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your new look is charming. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your new look is wonderful! Pretty to look at and easy to navigate. Love the banner and your explanations of your choices for it. Way to go, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I absolutely love your "new do"!! Enjoy following you. HUGS... and stitches

    ReplyDelete