HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Monday, October 14, 2013

Visiting The Des Moines Area Quilt Guild


Next Tuesday, October 22nd through 24th, I'll be visiting the Des Moines Area Quilt Guild!  Visiting guilds and shops are one of my all time favorite things to do!  

On Tuesday afternoon, I'll be giving my "Secrets of Professional Quilters ~ Revealed" lecture, where I talk about the best piecing hints, tips and tricks that I've learned over the years from my fellow teaching professionals, along with a few of my own.  It's an informative and fun lecture.   Later that evening, I'll be giving my "Making~Do; Honoring Our Quilting Heritage" lecture, teaching the differences between a true make-do quilt and a scrappy quilt, and why it's so important to know about make-dos.

On Wednesday, we're going to "Practice What I Preach" in my lecture with a day of hands-on work going over  the best hints, tips and tricks while we create the red, white and blue quilt pictured above.  If you're short on time, you can go for the short-cut option to prepare just what you need to learn all the techniques I'll be teaching and not make the quilt.  You still have plenty of time to prepare...and there's so much to learn!  

On Thurs, I will split the day with two more workshops!  The first workshop is "Friendship Blooms" learning the fundamentals of English paper piecing making this sweet little quilt.

That afternoon, we'll be learning about foundation paper piecing as we make my "Star Strings Pincushion"  using a pile of scraps.   

The Des Moines Area Quilt Guild invites YOU to join the fun!  You are welcome to attend both lectures at 1pm and 7pm on Tuesday at the West Des Moines United Methodist Church, 720 Grand Ave in West Des Moines.

 There are just a few openings for my workshops on Wednesday and Thursday, even if you're not a member!  Workshops are held at 4501 Mills Civic Parkway, Bldg 3, in West Des Moines.

Click here to get all the info you need!

I'll be home for the remainder of the year, but pick up a busy schedule of visits in 2014!  

In January, I'll be visiting Village Dry Goods in Bringham City, UT, then on to  The Great Girlfriend Get-Away with Lynne Hagmeier (of Kansas Troubles Quilters) and our many girlfriends in St. Augustine, FL.  

In February I'll be teaching at the Valley Ranch Retreat at the Woodbine Inn in Camp Wood, TX, and in March, I'll be at the Rossville Quilt Retreat and Quilt Shop in Rossville, IN, then onto Quilt Market and other fun destinations later in the year.  I hope we get to meet one another sometime soon!


Here's a friendly reminder to finish the Nabby's Dowry Sew-Along quilt tops and send me a photo by December 1st for the "Airing of the Quilts"!!  Pictures are already pouring in, and oh my, there are wonderful quilts to show you!  I really want to include YOURS!  Remember, it doesn't have to be quilted or bound!

No comments:

Post a Comment