HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Monday, January 25, 2016

Fun To Go, Good To Be Back Home!

As you may know, I took a little trip to southern California a couple of weeks ago.  Had a wonderful opportunity to visit with two guilds in the San Diego area, visit Fat Quarters Quilt Shop, and spend some vacation time catching up with my dear aunt and cousins that live near there as well.  Just got home and back to C O L D weather.  Brrr!

First stop was with the Friendship Quilters Guild of San Diego.  I gave a lecture to their members and the next day, was lucky to spend time with this great group in my Practice What I Preach workshop.  And, yes!  Your eyes do not deceive you...that's Ed kneeling on the floor , and he's really a terrific piecer, and if memory serves, long-arm quilter!  What a great group!  We had a lot of fun.

Next, I gave a lecture and my Settler's Puzzle workshop for the wonderful people of Sunshine Quilters Guild of San Diego.  Now, I have to confess that I don't have a photo of them.  I can honestly say I was having such a good time that I plum forgot to take a photo.  I feel terrible about that, and hope they all forgive me.  I'm not all that good at remembering to take pictures for the blog and Instagram/Facebook...I'd honestly rather just be "present" in the moment, but must try to do better!

Lastly, I spent the day at Fat Quarters Quilt Shop in Vista, CA, with this lovely lady, shop owner Michelle Joyner.  Michelle and I have known each other quite awhile now as we met the same year at quilt market.  It was her first year as a shop owner and my first year exhibiting. 

As soon as I arrived at the shop that morning, I was busy taking photos of the store.  Did I remember to take a picture of the class?  NO!  Geesh...I'm so sorry everyone.  Was just having too much fun, and once again....forgot!   We had a great time in my Starry, Starry Nines workshop.  (Am I the only person who forgets to take pictures for posting to social media?)

Fat Quarters truly has everything and something for everyone!  Notice the wonderful tree quilt hanging on the wall, and behind Michelle in the previous photo?  Michelle designed that quilt for publication in Primitive Quilts and Projects magazine and it graced the cover!  Congrats, Michelle!  Maybe she still has a kit left for you?!

As you can see...inspiration, inspiration everywhere!
To say the least, Fat Quarters is a full service quilt shop in every way.


There are bolts and bolts and bolts of fabrics in many genres.  No surprise I was drawn to the Civil War repro section, and perused her wool selection, too!

If you're in the southern California area, don't miss a stop to Fat Quarters in Vista.  Tell Michelle I sent ya!  

A big, giant THANK YOU to all the members of both Friendship and Sunshine Quilters Guilds of San Diego, and of course to Michelle at Fat Quarters for inviting me to visit and teach.   I do so love to travel, meet quilters and spend the day sewing and chatting about our favorite past time!  I had great fun.  

4 comments:

  1. Wow, looks like you had an interesting and fun time, Pam! I'm sure you'll be too busy sewing up a storm to notice the cold back home :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you got home safely. :) I was a bit worried about you getting stuck in an airport somewhere due to the monster storm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blocks in the first picture! Does it have a name? Is it available as a pattern or something exclusive to your workshops? Everyone did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That shop looks so inviting! Thanks for sharing your photos!

    ReplyDelete