HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Monday, July 18, 2016

A Little Chenille Trim



Since my post for our Buttermilk Basin Summer Blog Hop, I've received a couple dozen inquiries about the red chenille trim I added to my Americana Pinkeep.  I promised to let everyone know how easy this really is.
The hardest part of adding the chenille trim is finding the chenille trim.  (I've solved that problem for you...read on!)  The chenille comes in a soft ecru color and it takes the color in dye very, very well.  I chose a color of Rit Dye (wine) I wanted, and mixed it up in a Ball jar with very hot water. (Follow the directions on the box/bottle.)  Then, just drop in a length of chenille into the jar and let it sit in there a day or two.  Check to see if the color is what you're looking for, and wearing gloves to protect your hands, rinse the trim, and hang to dry.  That's it!

I stitched the trim to my finished pinkeep by whip stitching (or couching it) over the seam.  Use thread to match the color of the chenille trim and sew it down as you go.  When you get to the ends, have them overlap about 1 inch or so.  Easy, breezy!

It adds just a little touch of something special to the whatever you're making.  You can double the chenille to make it thicker if you have a larger project.  You can twist it, too.  

Now...about finding the chenille trim.  I bought mine from one of my all time favorite shops, Quilter's Station in Lee's Summit, MO.  I called there today, and they still carry the chenille, and would be happy to send it you by mail.  Or...if you're lucky enough to live nearby, definitely stop in.  You won't be sorry you did....and it's a must see if you're traveling in Missouri!!!  
You can call the shop girls to order yours at Quilter's Station at 816/525-8955.  The chenille is very reasonably priced.   

If you missed out on my Buttermilk Basin Summer Blog Hop day, no worries!  Click here to get all the goodies you missed.   The blog hop is still going on, so be sure to check the Buttermilk Basin blog for the designer schedule.  There's so many wonderful projects and recipes there just for you!

There's just 7 days left to take advantage of my special price offer for my brand new Tokens of the Past: Union Forever! quilt trio.  This has been a very hot item (thank you, everyone!!!) and is only available by pre-order....if you've been thinking about ordering this quilt kit, there are just days left to do so.  Click here to read all the details.

Happy Summer Stitches!  






2 comments:

  1. Great idea--thanks for explaining it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Americana Pin keep. Thank you for the info about the wine chenille trim. I love to dye trim/fabrics, lol.

    ReplyDelete