HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Monday, August 8, 2016

The Busy Thimble Quilt Shop

After all the fun in Augusta, Maine, we were making our way toward Vermont but took a little time before we left Maine to visit a quilt shop that has long, long been on my wish list to visit. The Busy Thimble Quilt Shop in Litchfield, Maine.  
The shop is situated along a country road and down this sweet garden path.  What's inside made this Civil War Repro lover's heart skip more than a few beats!  
Shop owner, Cyndi Black was there to greet me into her wonderful reproduction fabrics world.  (You met Cyndi in my last post about the Maine Quilts show.)
You know that feeling when everything you see everywhere is what you love?  Your eyes can't stop taking it all in.  Yes, oh yes...that happened to me at Busy Thimble.  
I was talking with Cyndi and trying to take it all in all at once.  I began my search.
CW Reproduction fabrics.....glorious fabrics in every corner and sweet cranny!!
This is the store where you want to move it.  Put your purse down, find a chair and devour.  I told Cyndi that her shop made me want to go home and start sewing.  That means I was inspired....which doesn't happen at every shop I visit.  Cyndi has many talents...obviously, but I've come to know her through her blog, and her true, uncanny talent to choose just the right fabrics that make a new quilt look 150 years old.  You can see she has the inventory to do just that!  I would go on record to say that if you love CW Repros like I do, visiting The Busy Thimble is reason enough to make a trip to Maine.  Never mind you'll find lots and lots of wonderful things in Maine, but you need look no further for a reason to go.    

Treat yourself to Cyndi's blog....click here.

An important note:  I wanted to say that in my last post about the Small Quilts Inspired by Antique Quilts, I failed to credit Wendy Reed as the Co-Curator of the exhibit.  It's important to me that creative credit gets its due....so please accept my apology, Wendy.  The exhibit was stunning because of both of you!

Coming next....a recap of my trip to the Shelburne Museum.  Off to find a needle.....and where did I put my thimble?

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind words, Pam!! It is wonderful to spend my working time surrounded by fabrics I enjoy using......the fabrics of the 19th century were truly wonderful and never lose their appeal to me! Wonderful to meet and talk with you and I hope we can do it again someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am completely reliving my experience there through your post. Every aisle is a delightful treat and the quilts hanging everywhere made me want to make one of each. To top it off, Cyndi is such a sweetheart! So glad you got to go there, Pam. Isn't it the greatest?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, thanks for sharing this wonderful store with us,. If I ever do make it to Maine I will definitely be going there!!! Such an inspiration for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooohh, Aaaahhhhh. . . It looks just heavenly. As you said grab a chair, cup of tea, and needle and dig in. Oh, my. You lucky duck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oohh thanks for the trip down memory lane...visited this shop many,many times and you are so right about cyndi! it is really repro heaven...every time i visited i always said "i'll take a yard of everything"....LOL...seriously, did leave a LOT of my paycheck there and happily so!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to visit that shop! It will definitely be on the itinerary for our next trip to Maine. Thanks for sharing this wonderful place with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So jealous! Great fabrics, lovely lady !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "THIS IS BY FAR MY MOST FAVORITE QUILT SHOP IN THE WHOLE STATE OF MAINE!!! " And I have been to every living one of them...c I live in Downeast Maine and it is a 2.5 hour drive each way but well worth it!!! When you walk in you just want to shout, "HONEY I'm HOME" ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ (If your planning on visiting don't forget to bring CASH though because no cards allowed.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favourite shop I head for when I'm in Maine and all the way from the UK. She sells the most fantastic range of repro's that we never see in our shops.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pam and thanks for the credit. Cyndi and I work very well together. She is such an inspiration to all of us. As you can see her shop is full of amazing little quilts! Thanks for coming to Maine!

    ReplyDelete